Important information about searching the covered bridge
- The information about the covered bridges can be searched by
county, bridge name, waterway crossed, town/locality, truss type,
builder, year lost, or year built fields.
- The database is not case sensitive. For example, in the county
field, you could search for Washington, washington, or WASHINGTON.
- You may search in more than one field at a time. For example,
put "howe" in the County field and
"Connecticut%" in the Feature Crossed field to
find all of the Howe truss bridges crossing the Connecticut River.
- If no State is selected, then all states will be
- If a State is selected, then only the selected county
will be searched unless the All Counties box is checked.
- Entering a value in the Town/Municipality field will
search both Town and Township fields in the database.
- Placing a percent sign (%) as part of the text in any field will
search for any entries that contain the characters listed.
Otherwise, the search will only return an exact match with what is
entered in the field. For example, entering Con% in the Town
field will find Concord, Conway, Conneaut, etc. Entering Con
in the town field would only find a town named Con.
- When searching dates, you will have better results if the year
is surrounded with %'s. For example, entering %1927%
for the date lost will find entries such as 4 Nov 1927 and 1927
or 1928 in addition to 1927.
Return to search page.